Historically, the most widely used Halon 1301 replacement, FM-200™ provides waterless fire suppression without leaving behind residue or particulate, and has been installed in over one hundred thousand applications in more than 70 nations.
- Safe for human occupancy.
- Zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP)
- Discharges in 10 seconds or less to extinguish fires rapidly, minimizing damage to high value assets.
- Appears on US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Significant New Alternatives Policy (SNAP) list
- Designed in accordance with NFPA 2001.
- UL listed and FM approved.
- Marine system with USCG and ABS approvals also available.
WHAT IS FM-200™?
FM-200™ (HFC-227ea) is formed from the elements carbon, fluorine and hydrogen (CF3CHFCF3-heptafluoropropane). The primary extinguishing mechanism of FM-200™ is heat absorption, with a secondary chemical contribution from the thermal decomposition of FM-200™ in the flame.
FM-200™ fire suppressant (HFC-227ea) can be safely used where people are present.
When used at standard design concentrations, it is safe for occupied spaces. FM-200™ leaves no residue. Most common metals, such as aluminum, brass, steel, cast iron, lead, stainless steel, and copper, as well as rubber, plastic, and electronic components, are unaffected when exposed to FM-200™ (HFC-227ea).
TYPICAL AREAS OF FIRE PROTECTION
- Telecommunication facilities
- Computer rooms
- Control rooms
- Historical archive storage
- Art galleries
- Pharmaceutical and medical facilities
- Record storage facilities
- Offshore Platforms
- Engine/Generator Rooms on Marine Vessels
- Bridges of Ships
THE JANUS FIRE SYSTEMS® DIFFERENCE
- UL Listed and FM Approved engineered systems
- Eight nominal cylinder capacities
- 22 lbs to 1000 lbs incremental fills
- Up to 16 cylinders piloted together in a single arrangement
- Three nozzle orientations in seven size options
- Custom drill orifices determined by flow calculation
- Expansive nozzle area coverages
- Pendant or upright nozzle installation
- Selector Valve arrangements available
- Proprietary Janus Design Suite® Flow Calculation Software
- Global distribution supported by experienced fire extinguishing specialists
In Janus Fire Systems® Clean Agent Fire Extinguishing Systems, the FM-200™ agent is stored as a liquid in specially designed steel cylinder assemblies fitted with forged brass, differential pressure-operated valves. Three valve sizes (Sv, Mv, and Lv Series) each with multiple cylinder size options allow individual cylinder fills ranging from 22 lbs to 1000 lbs (10.0 kg to 453.6 kg).
Janus Fire Systems® Clean Agent Fire Extinguishing Systems are engineered systems, meaning they offer maximum flexibility to tailor each system design according to the location they protect.
Our FM-200™ system offers three different nozzle types in seven different sizes, with expansive vertical and horizontal coverage from each single nozzle. Listed and approved selector valves allow us to provide economical solutions to large projects. Together with the Janus Design Suite® Flow Calculation Software, this makes every Janus Fire Systems® system unique to each structure and its individual requirements.
For more information, refer to the Janus Fire Systems® Fire Extinguishing System datasheets below.
- No. Description Language Updated
- DS1002 Lv Series System 02-17-2016
- DS1003 Mv Series System 02-17-2016
- DS1004 Sv Series System 02-17-2016
- No. Description Language Updated
- DS1351 Lv Series Marine System 05-24-2019
- DS1352 Mv Series Marine System 05-24-2019
- DS1353 Sv Series Marine System 05-24-2019